1 Definitions and Rules:
2 CONTEST: The Competition operated by the Promoter to which these Terms and Conditions
Apply, wherein the Entrants submit entries via the website Eventbrite .co.uk or by post to win the prize.
3. PRIZE: The Old School House Maidstone Road Nettlestead Kent ME18 5EZ , stamp duty due in respect of position,and conveyancing fees (inclusive of the winner’s solicitors’ fees up to a maximum of £1500 + VAT . Any fees or taxes due by non UK citizens or residents will be sole responsibility of the winner). Only in the event that less than the Minimum Number of tickets are sold,(300.000) the Prize money will be divided into 3 cash prize winners 1st , 2nd ,3rd equalling to 50%, 20% ,10% respectively of the revenues received from the Ticket sales during the Promotion Period after 20% retention for costs involved.
4. VALUATION: was on the market this year for -between £1m - £1.1m
5. PROMOTERS: ( organisers ) Win A Luxury Country House
6. QUESTION: The Question which the Entrants must answer correctly (in substantial accordance with the answer held by the Promoters) to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize.
7. ENTRY: An answer submitted to the Question by the entrant to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize
8. ENTRANT: Any person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership ) who enters the Competition through the Website or by post to win the prize.
9. WINNER: The Entrant chosen at random on or after the Closing Date who will receive the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. WEBSITE: www.winaluxurycountryhouse.com
11. OPENING DATE: 10th January 2018 12pm GMT
12. CLOSING DATE: 10th July 2018 12pm GMT or sooner if determined by the promoters or if the competition is terminated at any time.If the competition is terminated the prize funds will become a cash prize divided into 1st 2nd & 3rd place ,50%,20%,10% after a 20% retention for costs involved.
13. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PAID ENTRIES: 500,000 Minimum number 300.000
14. GENERAL By entering thecompetition via the Website or post, Entrants are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
Upon entering the Competition, all Entrants must submit all contact details requested by the Promoters (which must include a valid e-mail address) which will be used for the following purposes:
(a) to notify the Winner that they have won the prize;
(b) to post the Winner's name and town of residence on the Website;
15. All entrants are solely responsible for providing the Promoters with accurate current contact details.
16. The Promoters will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
18. The Competition is operated by the Promoters.
19. The Competition is open for entry to everyone aged 18 or over excluding the Promoters, their family, agents, employees, professional advisers or anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or conductor administration of the Competition in any way, shape or form;
20. Entries made by the Entrants to the Competition will only be valid if made via the Website / Internet sites or as instructed by first class post on a post card or inside an envelope correctly addressed to.The Old School House Maidstone Road Nettlestead Kent ME18 5EZ.
21. By entering into the Competition, all Entrants acknowledge that their payment of £5.00 (GBP) +98 pence per entry to answer the question and thereby enter the Competition does not guarantee anyway that they will win the prize.
22. The Promoters do not in any way guarantee the value of the Prize
23. Only completed Entries with the correct answer will be entered into the Competition .
24. As a condition of entering the Competition, Entrants must ensure that, by doing so, they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. The Promoter will not be liable in any way if an Entrant enters the Competition unlawfully;
25. The Entrants and the Promoters recognise that the Competition, its administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the Promoters and Entrants recognise that the County or High Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Competition or its administration;
26. By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate, true, current and complete.
27. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions
28. There is a limit of 50 entries that any one person can make via the website but multiple purchases made at the same time will receive one chance to win for each entry providing that the answer to the question is the same. Postal entries are also limited to 50 per person limited too one entry per envelope.
29. The Promoter is not responsible or liable in any way for the Valuation and makes no representation or warranty in respect of its accuracy.
30. All Entries will become the property of the Promoters on receipt and will not be returned.
31. The Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
32. English is the only language in which an Entrant may submit their entry.
33. The Prize: The purpose of the Contest is to win the Prize;
34. The Prize will be transferred by the Promoter or his agent to the Winner of the Contest free from all mortgages, charges and other encumbrances,(apart from future service / utility charge’s associated with the property )
35. The Winner shall ensure that the Prize is registered at HM Land Registry in the Winner’s name; entry payments will only be accepted in pounds sterling.
36. The Contest. The process to determine the Winner will begin the day after the draw date and a final decision will be made within seven days of that date.
37.The price of entering the competition is £5.00 (GBP) per entry plus 98 pence processing fee and is payable using any action buttons on the Website or direct through Eventbrite .co.uk.
38. In answering the Question, the Entrant recognises that they must exercise skill and judgement to give the correct Answer.
39. To conclude an entry into the Competition, an Entrant will be asked to provide their contact details (including postal and e-mail addresses and a telephone number) and bank payment details.
40.When the Maximum Number Of Entries or the Closing Date is reached, the Competition will close; however the Promoters reserve the right to extend or abridge the closing date by up to 3 months at their discretion.
41. All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the Closing Date.
42 The winner of the Prize will be the Entrant whose details are randomly picked before an audience of invited guests a solicitor and members of the press.
43.The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Competition following the determination of the Winner as described above;
44.The Winner will be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving licence to the Promoters to prove their identity and that their Entry was made using a valid debit/bank account belonging to the Entrant or used with the express authorisation of the account owner.
45. Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection(Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.
46. If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e- mail, telephone and post to the contact details submitted in their entry, or fails to comply with any of these rules, the Promoter shall be entitled to award the Prize to the Entrant selected by drawing another winning entry at random in the same method as described above (“The Alternate Winner“).
47.The Alternate Winner shall have 7 days from notification of their status by the Promoters to communicate their acceptance of the Prize.
48. Transfer of Property . The Winner will be required to sign a transfer deed to transfer the Property into the Winner’s name within 28 days of the Prize draw date.
49. Closing the contest . If the Maximum Number of Entries to the Competition is not equal to the minimum tickets required ( 300000 ) at the closing date, the Competition will close and the proceeds will either be deemed sufficient to award the house as a prize at the discretion of the Promoters, or the remaining funds will be allocated as a cash prize to a winner after the deduction of at least 20% expenses to cover HMRC, legal and marketing fees.
50. The Promoters will be entitled to retain 20% of the Entry Fees to cover banking fees, administration,marketing expenditure,legal costs, other expenses.
51. General . All Entry Fees will be maintained in a separate bank account by the Promoters until the Winner of the Competition has been determined;
54.The Promoters reserve the right to cancel the Competition at any time either before or after tickets have been sold.
55. Where the competition is cancelled for whatever reason the competition shall become a cash prize draw.
56.The Promoters make no representation or warranty as to the Valuation of the Prize, its structural or cosmetic condition or its ability to be sold. Entrants should make and rely on their own enquiries and legal advice about the Prize before entering the Competition.
57. Save for death or personal injury the Promoters will not be liable for any loss (including economic loss) suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission of the Promoters, nor will their servants or their agents in developing, planning and Administrating the Competition, distributing the Prize to the Winner or following the distribution of the Prize;
58. The Promoters accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the Prize details, description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this website.
59. The Promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website.
60. The Promoters do not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems,other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason.
61. These competition rules shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoters.
62. An entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
63. Only one entry will be entered into the contest per envelope received,entries without correct and sufficient postage paid or wrongly addressed will not be accepted. Entries received after the contest close date will not be included.
64. All entries will be treated equally.
65. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their future reference.
66. All sales are final and non refundable in any event.